The Company: DESCCO Design & Construction, Inc. is a family owned company in business for over 40 years. We are a growing design build contractor located in Fleetwood, PA offering competitive wages and benefits and a great work environment. We are known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike.
The Position: We are hiring a Construction Laborer with Class A CDL to work in areas of commercial, heavy highway, water treatment and other various construction projects.
Construction Laborer with Class A CDL offers:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Short Term Disability
- Holiday and Vacation pay
- 401k with company match
- Performance and Safety Bonuses
- Advancement Opportunities
Construction Laborer with Class A CDL Requirements:
- Solid mechanical background with understanding and hands-on commercial and/ or heavy construction experience
- Experience in concrete construction, carpentry and/ or excavation is helpful
- Capability to use hand and power tools
- Positive work attitude
- Ability to function independently or in a crew
- Handle heavy physical work in all weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s license & reliable transportation
- Ability to pass preemployment drug screening and criminal history background check
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to listen and comprehend instructions accurately to learn products, processes, safety procedures, installation techniques and equipment use.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines
- Active Class A CDL license
- Ability to operate, load and safely transport various construction equipment including oversize loads.
Construction Laborer with Class A CDL Responsibilities:
- Drive various vehicles (pickups to tractor-trailer rigs) to haul crews and equipment
- Assist in initial setup and cleanup of sites
- Ensuring quality standards are met
- Placing orders and picking up materials as needed
- Responsible for equipment and materials on site
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met
- Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness
- As needed, maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field orders and RFIs.
- Other tasks, as assigned
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive industry pay
- Benefits Package
- Full time hours, home nights and weekends
- Opportunities for on-the-job training and growth within the company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Class A CDL: 1 year (Required)
- Construction: 1 year (Required)
- United States (Required)
Trucking freight handling:
- Secure freight by hand
Type of Freight:
Home Time policy:
- safety and incentive bonuses
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- Only full-time employees eligible
Are you interested in a career with DESCCO Design & Construction? If so, we’d like to learn more about you!
Fill out the form below and upload your resume. We’ll send you an email with next steps to download our employment application in PDF format and fax or email it to the DESCCO office at .
Note: Fields with (*) denotes required field