Your Position: DESCCO Design & Construction, Inc. has an opening for a full-time Estimator for commercial, heavy highway, water treatment, and other various construction projects. You will work directly with sales, project managers, and management to identify opportunities and implement them to deliver successful construction projects.
DESCCO is requesting applications from Lead Estimators or experienced Assistant Estimators looking to quickly advance to a Lead Estimator position through training and mentoring. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your New Company: We are a diverse firm known for our stability and ability to deliver best-in-class construction services. We are a growing commercial and infrastructure building company located in Fleetwood, PA. We will offer you a competitive salary, good benefits, a great work environment, and an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. We are large enough to tackle unique and challenging projects, yet small enough to take care of our customers and employees alike.
Your position offers:
• Work-life Balance- At DESCCO, we work hard but also go home and play
• Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs or HRAs
• Short Term disability plus other supplemental benefits
• Holiday and vacation pay
• 401k with company match
• Performance bonuses based on measurable metrics
• Outstanding advancement opportunities
• Education reimbursement
• Teaming with leading construction and engineering professionals
These are your Job Responsibilities:
• Interpret plans and specifications, perform material, labor, and equipment takeoffs, solicit bids and compile estimates
• Manage timely and effective correspondence with all project team members
• Partner with project managers to perform accurate estimates to help deliver project success.
• Work directly with customers to help determine needs, wants, budgets, and project costs.
• Manage the execution of all assignments with integrity in a manner that is professional, legal, ethical, and consistent
• Maintain the company’s pricing databases
Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong math skills, including basic arithmetic, algebra, and geometry.
• Ability to read and navigate plans and specifications.
• Skilled at preparing, managing, and maintaining project estimates and budgets
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, driven, and goal-oriented
• Detailed oriented.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Computer Proficient- Microsoft Office programs, Estimating, takeoff, and project management software
• Effectively negotiate with vendors and subcontractors
• Must be able to pass pre-employment screening
• 3+ years of construction estimating experience
As an Ideal Candidate, you:
• Are analytical, detail-oriented person that has an ambition and drive to succeed
• Demonstrated leadership characteristics or potential
• Have experience in preconstruction and conceptual estimating
• Are motivated, flexible, responsible and willing to work in a team atmosphere
Are you interested in a career with DESCCO Design & Construction? If so, we’d like to learn more about you!
Fill out the form below and upload your resume. We’ll send you an email with next steps to download our employment application in PDF format and fax or email it to the DESCCO office at .
Note: Fields with (*) denotes required field