Construction Laborer – Home Nights, Great benefits, Family Company
Build Your Career
Ready to BUILD your career as you BUILD the community around you? DESCCO Design & Construction is looking to add a Construction Laborer to our crew. Must have a passion for bringing a client’s vision to life from a blueprint to a standing building.
We are hiring a Construction Laborer to work in areas of commercial, heavy highway, water treatment and other various construction projects.
Our Strong Foundation
DESCCO Design & Construction, Inc. is a family owned company in business for over 45 years. We are a diverse firm known for our stability and ability to deliver best-in-class construction services. We are a growing commercial and infrastructure building company located in Fleetwood, PA. We will offer you a competitive salary, good benefits, a great work environment, and an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. We are large enough to tackle unique and challenging projects, yet small enough to take care of our customers and employees alike.
How Do We Measure Up?
- Work-life Balance- At DESCCO, we work hard but also go home and play
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs or HRAs
- Short Term disability plus other supplemental benefits
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 401k with company match
- Performance bonuses based on measurable metrics
- Outstanding advancement opportunities
- Education reimbursement
Qualifications Under Your TOOLbelt Should Include:
- Solid mechanical background with understanding and hands-on commercial and/ or heavy construction experience
- Experience in concrete construction, carpentry and/ or excavation is helpful
- Capability to use hand and power tools
- Positive work attitude
- Ability to function independently or in a crew
- Handle heavy physical work in all weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s license & reliable transportation
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and criminal history background check
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to listen and comprehend instructions accurately to learn products, processes, safety procedures, installation techniques and equipment use.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines
What is the Scope of Work?
- Assist in initial setup and cleanup of sites
- Ensuring quality standards are met
- Placing orders and picking up materials as needed
- Responsible for equipment and materials on site
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met
- Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness
- As needed, maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field orders and RFIs.
- Other tasks, as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
Are you interested in a career with DESCCO Design & Construction? If so, we’d like to learn more about you!
Fill out the form below and upload your resume. We’ll send you an email with next steps to download our employment application in PDF format and fax or email it to the DESCCO office at .
Note: Fields with (*) denotes required field