Full-time Concrete Finisher/Laborer – Home Nights, Great benefits, Family Company
Build Your Career
Ready to BUILD your career as you BUILD the community around you? DESCCO Design & Construction is looking to add a Concrete Finisher/Laborer to our crew. Must have a passion for bringing a client’s vision to life from a blueprint to a standing building.
DESCCO Design & Construction, Inc. has an opening for a full-time Concrete Finisher/Laborer for commercial, heavy highway, water treatment, and other various construction projects. Those with a desire to be a part of a team that consistently meets the production goals are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Strong Foundation
DESCCO Design & Construction, Inc. is a family owned company in business for over 45 years. We are a diverse firm known for our stability and ability to deliver best-in-class construction services. We are a growing commercial and infrastructure building company located in Fleetwood, PA. We will offer you a competitive salary, good benefits, a great work environment, and an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. We are large enough to tackle unique and challenging projects, yet small enough to take care of our customers and employees alike.
How Do We Measure Up?
- Work-life Balance- At DESCCO, we work hard but also go home and play
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs or HRAs
- Short Term disability plus other supplemental benefits
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 401k with company match
- Performance bonuses based on measurable metrics
- Outstanding advancement opportunities
- Education reimbursement
What is the Scope of Work?
- Ability to shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers; and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Ability to smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Aid craft workers in other construction areas and operate equipment and power/hand tools.
- Interpret blueprints, plans, and specifications a plus.
- Ability to calculate and measure accurately. Accuracy required in cutting materials to plan
- Consistently produce quality workmanship and good housekeeping as judged by Company standards, Owners and site Inspectors.
- Ensure and adhere to company safety and personnel policies
- Able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, work at heights, walk/work in rough terrain to access equipment, tools, materials, and jobsite in order to complete work.
- Conduct themselves with integrity and in a manner that is professional, legal, ethical, and consistent
Qualifications Under Your TOOLbelt Should Include:
- Strong math skills
- Ability to read and navigate plans and specifications.
- Self-motivated, driven, and goal-oriented
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening
- 2+ years of construction experience
Are You the Right Fit for the Job?
- Have completed or are willing to complete OSHA10 or OSHA30
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics or potential
- Are motivated, flexible, responsible, and willing to work in a team atmosphere
Are you interested in a career with DESCCO Design & Construction? If so, we’d like to learn more about you!
Fill out the form below and upload your resume. We’ll send you an email with next steps to download our employment application in PDF format and fax or email it to the DESCCO office at .
Note: Fields with (*) denotes required field