DESCCO Design & Construction, Inc. has an opening for a full-time Concrete Finisher/Laborer for commercial, heavy highway, water treatment, and other various construction projects.
DESCCO is requesting applications from experienced Concrete Finishers/Laborers with a desire to be a part of a team that consistently meets the production goals set by the Foreman, Superintendent or Project Manager. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your New Company: We are a diverse firm known for our stability and ability to deliver bestin-class construction services. We are a growing commercial and infrastructure building company located in Fleetwood, PA. We will offer you a competitive salary, good benefits, a great work environment, and an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. We are large enough to tackle unique and challenging projects, yet small enough to take care of our customers and employees alike.
Your position offers:
- Work-life Balance- At DESCCO, we work hard but also go home and play
- Prevailing Wage Benefits where applicable
- Local work; home evenings
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSA or FSA or HRA
- Short Term disability plus other supplemental benefits
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 401k with company match
- Incentive bonuses based on project margins
- Outstanding advancement opportunities
- Education reimbursement
- Teaming with leading construction and engineering professionals
These are your Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers; and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Ability to smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Aid craft workers in other construction areas and operate equipment and power/hand tools.
- Interpret blueprints, plans, and specifications a plus.
- Ability to calculate and measure accurately. Accuracy required in cutting materials to plan
- Consistently produce quality workmanship and good housekeeping as judged by Company standards, Owners and site Inspectors.
- Ensure and adhere to company safety and personnel policies
- Able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, work at heights, walk/work in rough terrain to access equipment, tools, materials, and jobsite in order to complete work.
- Conduct themselves with integrity and in a manner that is professional, legal, ethical, and consistent
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong math skills
- Ability to read and navigate plans and specifications.
- Self-motivated, driven, and goal-oriented
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening
- 2+ years of construction experience
As an Ideal Candidate, you:
- Have completed or are willing to complete OSHA10 or OSHA30
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics or potential
- Are motivated, flexible, responsible, and willing to work in a team atmosphere
Are you interested in a career with DESCCO Design & Construction? If so, we’d like to learn more about you!
Fill out the form below and upload your resume. We’ll send you an email with next steps to download our employment application in PDF format and fax or email it to the DESCCO office at .
Note: Fields with (*) denotes required field