Build Your Career
Ready to BUILD your career as you BUILD the community around you? DESCCO Design & Construction is looking to add a Commercial Construction Carpenter to our crew. Must have a passion for bringing a client’s vision to life from a blueprint to a standing building.
If you are looking for just another job, you need not apply. BUT if you are interested in continuing your career in carpentry with an established, growing design build contractor, APPLY to DESCCO. We are located in Fleetwood, PA and Lancaster, PA offering competitive wages and benefits, and a great teamwork environment. We are hiring an experienced carpenter to work on commercial construction projects for retail, office, restaurant, and churches in and around the Berks and Lancaster areas. Position will directly report to superintendents and project managers. Carpenter with ambition to grow within the company is a plus!
Our Strong Foundation:
DESCCO is a family-owned company located in Fleetwood, PA that has been in business for over 45 years. We are known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike. Our company culture prioritizes exceptional service and strong relationships between employees and clients above everything else. Our dedication is beyond a simple informal guarantee – we are dedicated to hiring the best team members and supporting them with professional growth in order to provide the greatest customer satisfaction. Just as we build quality structures designed to last, we take care of our employees, providing training and allowing them to build their lifetime career with the company. 50% of our workforce has been here over 5 years and 25% have tenures of over 20 years.
How Do We Measure Up?
- Year-Round Work
- Work/Life Balance
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Short Term Disability
- Holiday and Vacation pay
- 401k with company match
- Performance and Safety Bonuses
- Advancement Opportunities
Qualifications Under Your TOOLbelt Should Include:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines
What is the Scope of Work?
- Perform as an onsite construction carpenter
- Work directly with superintendents and Project Manager to self-perform carpentry work as needed
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Accept material orders and be responsible for equipment and materials on site
- Follow the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met
- Follow on-site safety compliance and cleanliness
Will You Take Your Career to the Next Level?
- Competitive industry pay
- Benefits Package
- Full time hours, home nights and weekends
- Opportunities for on-the-job training and growth within the company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Carpentry: 3 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Understanding customer requirements
- Recommending job improvements, alternative methods, etc. (problem solve)
- Knowledge of job site safety rules and regulations (OSHA)
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in carpentry
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Are you interested in a career with DESCCO Design & Construction? If so, we’d like to learn more about you!
Fill out the form below and upload your resume. We’ll send you an email with next steps to download our employment application in PDF format and fax or email it to the DESCCO office at .
Note: Fields with (*) denotes required field