Continue your career here! If you are looking for just another job, you need not apply. BUT if you are interested in continuing your career with an established, growing design build contractor, APPLY HERE. We are located in Fleetwood, PA offering competitive wages and benefits, and a great teamwork environment. We are hiring an experienced carpenter to work on commercial construction projects for retail, office, restaurant and churches. Position will directly report to superintendents and project managers. Carpenter with ambition to grow within the company a plus!
Company Overview: DESCCO is a family owned company in business for over 40 years. We are known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike.
We offer to the Carpenter:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Short Term Disability
- Holiday and Vacation pay
- 401k with company match
- Performance and Safety Bonuses
- Advancement Opportunities
Requirements of the Carpenter:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
Responsibilities of the Carpenter:
- Perform as an on site construction carpenter.
- Work directly with superintendents and Project manager to self perform carpentry work as needed.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Accept material orders, and be responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Follow the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Follow on-site safety compliance and cleanliness
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive industry pay
- Benefits Package
- Full time hours, home nights and weekends
- Opportunities for on-the-job training and growth within the company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Carpentry: 3 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Understanding customer requirements
- Recommending job improvements, alternative methods, etc. (problem solve)
- Knowledge of job site safety rules and regulations (OSHA)
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in carpentry
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Are you interested in a career with DESCCO Design & Construction? If so, we’d like to learn more about you!
Fill out the form below and upload your resume. We’ll send you an email with next steps to download our employment application in PDF format and fax or email it to the DESCCO office at .
Note: Fields with (*) denotes required field