How DESCCO Does It
- A Random drug-testing program
- A Driver Safety Program
- A Written Safety and Hazardous Materials Communication Program
- Training-All DESCCO employees are trained and certified by the American Heart Association in First Aid and CPR and take CPR/AED refresher courses every 2 years
- All DESCCO employees also have completed Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) 10 hour Course for Construction Safety and Health
- All DESCCO Project Superintendents complete weekly job safety surveys
- DESCCO Design & Construction carefully vets all of our subcontractors.
These steps have lead to measurable results. Since we began participating in the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.’s Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) in 2011, we received the second highest level-the Gold Award-the first 3 years. In 2014, we were proud to receive the highest-level award-the Platinum Level Safety Award. The STEP program evaluates and rates a company’s safety performance based on it safety record, training, EMR (.788 in 2015), and incident rate.