DESCCO Design & Construction has experience working with concrete applications for commercial, industrial, and residential projects. We have a dedicated and experienced staff of professional engineers that can handle your project from beginning to end.
- Foundation Systems
- Parking Lots
- Heavy Equipment Pads
- Machine Foundations
- Tank/Silo Pads
- Mechanical/Electrical Trench Infill
- Retainer Walls
- Sumps, Pits, and Containment Curbs
- Handicap Ramps, Sidewalks, and Walkways
- Cutting, Removal and Hauling
Whether you need commercial or residential assistance, we at DESCCO are committed to exceeding your expectations, getting the job done in a timely manner, getting the job done within your budget, and creating a professional atmosphere.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the process of installing affected by weather?
Yes, the rate at which concrete hardens is affected very much so by temperature, moisture, and wind. Rain can significantly weaken the surface and wind can cause the surface to crack.
2. How can I protect and maintain my concrete?
Frequently hosing and sweeping helps preserves its life and can also reduce the fall risks to your guests and customers.
3. Why should I choose concrete over asphalt?
A good quality concrete can last over 40 years while asphalt may need sealing coats to avoid cracking.
4. Does the presence of cracks indicate a structural problem?
In most cases, the answer is no, meaning very narrow cracks are superficial and do not indicate structural problems, but cracks that have movement where one side of the crack moves to the opposite side should be evaluated by a professional engineer.
5. How do you control the strength of concrete?
The easiest way to add strength is to add cement. The factor that most predominantly influences strength is the ratio of water to cement in the cement paste that binds the aggregates together. The higher the ratio is, the weaker the concrete will be and vise versa.